Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Mother is a Fish aka As I Lay Dying The Movie

Yes, you read that right. And for those of you who've read any Faulkner at all, you are probably joining me in thinking "HOW!?!?"

2008 Pineapple Express wallpaper

Evidently James Franco stopped making movies for pot smokers somehow became a serious actor (can someone please tell me when that happened?), and he's going to tackle the project. I'm not sure how Faulkner's multi-narrator, stream-of-consciousness style is going to translate onto the screen, but I admit I'll be curious to see it.

Read more on Franco's ideas here (Thanks Katie for sending me the link!).

What do you think? Ambitious film making or potential disaster?

Pineapple Express image found here.

1 comment:

  1. Though I haven't yet seen 127 Hours, I am impressed with his dramatic performance in an episode of 30 Rock. He truly displayed some deep, moving acting abilities in that role, so no doubt he will be able to pull of the screen adpatation of this novel that I have not read. That's my informed opinion :)

    ReplyDelete

I know some of these novels will incite strong opinions, but please remember to be nice. Violators may be prosecuted, persecuted, and thought to be A Mean Person.