Wednesday, June 22, 2011

On fire for Bonfire

I am having so much fun reading Bonfire of the Vanities. Tom Wolfe's writing is fast-paced and often funny, and I haven't read a good crime drama in a while. And perhaps best of all, the story is set in the 80s, which means I get to picture fun visuals like these:

Green letters on a black screeen? I remember you.

Masters of the Universe
The protagonist calls himself a Master of the Universe. Thankfully he wears a suit and not tiny briefs.

Vintage 80's dresses
The description of the socialites' clothing is a-mazing. Only eclipsed by descriptions of their shoulder pads.
So can't wait to figure out what will become the "what were they thinking???" trends of today.

My vote is definitely cuffed sandals. What's yours?

Computer photo found here. He-man photo found here. Amazing 80s dresses found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know some of these novels will incite strong opinions, but please remember to be nice. Violators may be prosecuted, persecuted, and thought to be A Mean Person.